If I’m Famous, Why am I Folding Laundry?

There should be witty, insightful words here, but I only have so much time to waste spend on the computer. Those hours were spent exploring corners, contemplating accessories, and arranging furniture at my new internet home. Your invitation for tea will arrive soon. I look forward to showing you around!

While I move cyber boxes and fold forsaken laundry, I’ll share my new celebrity status. As you can see, I got a make-over for the occasion and lost 63 1/2 pounds.

5 Minutes for Mom Interview

Share This Gregarious FeedFlare

10 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Emily
    Mar 17, 2008 @ 21:50:19

Yay for being famous! Great interview :) You’re so pretty and witty! And I rhyme!

2. Dana
    Mar 18, 2008 @ 01:05:54

I feel so privileged to have known you before fame and fortune…and you haven’t changed a bit. : )

3. Andrea
    Mar 18, 2008 @ 07:08:53

Being famous is awesome! I won’t tell a soul if you’re in your jammies (like I am).

heh, you make setting up a new internet home sound like a … well, something that doesn’t involve baging ones head againt the desk.

4. Renae
    Mar 18, 2008 @ 07:59:48

Emily,
    Ah, thanks! You’re so kind.

Dana,
    Yes, well, I try to remember that fame is a fleeting thing, and so far there isn’t any fortune. Does that come later? I could really use some help with the laundry. ;)

Andrea,
    I’m only moving one blog, not 500! That is easier, plus I have help. Credits for the worthy will be written at my blog unveiling.

Has your head recovered? Maybe you can stick it in the snow to numb the pain. :) Thanks for your hard work this weekend. It was pretty weird having my blog morph into Ron’s. I’m sure you thought so, too.

5. Andrea
    Mar 18, 2008 @ 12:21:00

Yeha, it was actually kind fo cool – in a way. I quickly figured out *why* it showed Ron’s blog though.
    In the web server’s config file is a list of all the domains I have on the server, and where they live. Normally, HSJ is at the top because that was created first and was most important (tech-wise, it has special rules). Well, this time, everything was in alphabetical order, so when the server could’t find what it needed, it went to the first domain on the list, which was Ron’s. :) eventually, I will move things around, so that doesn’t happen again. It confused a LOT of people and boy did his stats spike!

(oh and the host actually moved the files for me. *whew* I have some help too. ;) )

My head has somewhat recovered after a pot of tea, two iboprophen and a trip down to Ladies’ Meeting at the local hall, where I sat with the back of my neck to the window while wearing a black turtleneck.

6. Ron
    Mar 18, 2008 @ 19:37:04

Nice interview :)

7. Miiko
    Mar 18, 2008 @ 20:51:38

Ah…enjoyed your 5 minutes of fame…:) Looking forward to tea. Can I bake something? Love your family picture, btw. Miiko.

8. Renae
    Mar 18, 2008 @ 23:34:56

Andrea and Ron,
    Thanks for all your work! Glad you’re feeling better, Andrea.

Miiko,
    You are so sweet for asking. I like strawberry pie with syrupy glaze and a dollop of whipped cream. What kind of tea do you like? I have Earl Grey, English Breakfast, and some nice herbal blends.

I am always taking the pictures, so I’m never in the pictures. I hunted to find that one. Next time I’m famous, maybe they’ll send a photographer. ;)

9. Miiko
    Mar 19, 2008 @ 10:09:13

Haha, my anti-spam word is feast. The strawberry pie with a dollop of cream sounds positively yummy right about now. Earl Grey will be perfect. I’ll also have your house special of herbal blends, thank you. Maybe we could all bring our favorite tea-cups. Usually I drink tea from a huge mug, but surely your tea party will be too elegant for that so a dainty tea cup I’ll bring. :)

10. Renae
    Mar 19, 2008 @ 11:25:38

Miiko,
    I’m a handmade pottery kind-of gal, so mugs are most welcome here.

E-mail It